1st Step in this lesson: Watch this video as we review some current ideas of what meditation is, what strategy to use in our relationship to our higher power in meditation, and a several basic techniques that we can use in our 11th Step Meditation practice
2nd Step in this lesson: Listen to the Serenity Meditation below. Practice the basic techniques we covered in the video, learn how to use affirmations as mantra’s to help focus, heal and to find serenity in meditation.
Here are the affirmations that we used in this guided meditation.
Serenity Meditation Affirmations
- God is now granting me serenity
- I accept the things I cannot change
- I have the courage to change the things I can
- I have the wisdom to know what the right action is
3rd Step in this lesson: Become a Spiritual Explorer! You may deepen your knowledge on several of the topics mentioned in the video with these additional resource links:
- Open Heart Open Mind by Thomas Keating. A primer on the method of Centering Prayer meditation
- Article on Centering Prayer Meditation
- Learn more about other meditation traditions and methods mentioned in the video in the Meditation Traditions section of the 11thSteMeditation.org site.
- Article on Getting Started with Meditation covering the basics and more!
Join the 11th Step Meditation conversation on our on Facebook page. “Like” the page to follow the 11th Step Meditation posts.
Now that you have completed the overview section you are ready to proceed to the Step One in Meditation Section below