1st Step in this lesson: Watch this video that will help us understand the value of meditation, what our program literature states, and how we can work to develop the motivation and attitudes to build a successful 11th Step Meditation practice.
2nd Step in this lesson: Please take a few minutes to hear Wayne Dyer talk about why he meditates. Please be patient….the audio file may take a few moments to load.
It is our goal to help you get to experience ways to find this moment of silence that Wayne describes in this track. Wayne Dyer recently passed away. God bless his soul. He was a great writer and spiritual teacher. He frequently mentions how he stopped drinking during a low part of his life. I encourage you to visit his website and discovers his teaching for yourself.
3rd Step in this lesson: Become a Spiritual Explorer! You may deepen your knowledge on several of the topics mentioned in the video with these additional resource links:
- Bill W’s article on Emotional Sobriety.
- The 5 P’s to working an 11th Step Meditation Practice
- What the Big Book of Alcoholics Anonymous tells us about meditation
- What the Twelve and Twelve has to say about meditation
- Here is an incredible study written by By Glenn F. Chesnut on the history of Meditation in AA.
Join the 11th Step Meditation conversation on our on Facebook page. “Like” the page to follow the 11th Step Meditation posts.
Once you have completed this lesson, please proceed to the Outside Sources