Back to: 11th Step Meditation Foundations Steps 1, 2 and 3 in Meditation
1st Step in this lesson: Watch this video to begin to understand what your concepts of what a Power Greater than you are.
Here are the Step Two Higher Power Worksheets discussed in the intro video to this section. Please download, print these, and ponder and write your answers to the questions on each worksheet.
2nd Step in this lesson: Watch this next video to continue our discussion and dive deeper into “A power greater than ourselves.”
Next, lets’ meditate with the 2nd Step Meditation to practice the techniques we just discussed in the video:
- Place attention and breath through the Heart Center
- Counting Breaths
- Creating our Inner Sacred Space
- Practice Being in the Presence of and being connected to Higher Power
3rd Step in this lesson: Become a Spiritual Explorer! You may deepen your knowledge on several of the topics mentioned in the video with these additional resource links:
- Murdo MacDonald Bayne – his website to learn more about his writings and the book “Beyond the Himalayas” that we hear a passage from in the 2nd Section video.
- Heart Math Institute – We heard from Rollin McCarty in the short video about the heart. Since 1991, the HeartMath Institute has researched and developed reliable, scientifically based tools to help people bridge the connection between their hearts and minds, and deepen their connection with the hearts of others. Their first book “Heartmath Solution” that teaches simple meditation methods to build the heart-brain connection.
- Sacred Hearts of Jesus and Mary – The devotion to the Sacred Hearts of Jesus and Mary are one of the most widely practiced and well-known Roman Catholic devotions. This can be seen as the divine representation or our physical hearts.
Join the 11th Step Meditation conversation on our on Facebook page. “Like” the page to follow the 11th Step Meditation posts.
Please proceed to the Came to Believe of Step Two Section below.