1st Step in this lesson: Watch this video to begin to understand several ways that we “come to believe.”
2nd Step in this lesson: Lets’ meditate with the 2nd Step Meditation to practice the techniques we just discussed in the video:
- Place attention and breath through the Heart Center
- Counting Breaths
- Creating our Inner Sacred Space
- Practice Being in the Presence of and being connected to Higher Power
- Visual a past traumatic memory in your early childhood that was hurtful and caused you to withdraw into falseself and to disconnect from your higher power. We will practice bringing healing to this memory.
3rd Step in this lesson: Become a Spiritual Explorer! You may deepen your knowledge on several of the topics mentioned in the video with these additional resource links:
- Heart Math Institute – We heard from Rollin McCarty in the short video about the heart. Since 1991, the HeartMath Institute has researched and developed reliable, scientifically based tools to help people bridge the connection between their hearts and minds, and deepen their connection with the hearts of others. Their first book “Heartmath Solution” that teaches simple meditation methods to build the heart-brain connection.
- The Field, The Quest for the Secret Force on the Universe by Lynne Mctaggart. Learn about this cutting edge investigation into scientific research is uncovering a stunning picture of an interconnected universe and scientific theory that aligns with the ancient spiritual message given to us down the ages from our religions.
- Power vs. Force, by Dr. David Hawkins, M.D. Ph.D. We think we live by forces we control, but in fact we are governed by power from unrevealed sources, power over which we have no control. The universe holds its breath as we choose, instant by instant, which pathway to follow; for the universe, the very essence of life itself, is highly conscious. Every act, thought, and choice adds to a permanent mosaic; our decisions ripple through the universe of consciousness to affect the lives of all.
- The Intention Experiment by Lynne McTaggart Understand the scientific research that now demonstrates the power of our thoughts and intentions. We can learn how to use intentions and affirmations in our meditation to help our healing process in working the steps.
Join the 11th Step Meditation conversation on our on Facebook page. “Like” the page to follow the 11th Step Meditation posts.
Please proceed to the Discovering our Higher Purpose of Step Three Section below.